Building Approvals and Advice (BA&A) specialises in domestic pool certification for the wider Brisbane area.

Your Form 17, stress free 

Our pool team understands the importance of a quick turn-around. We ensure your pool certification runs as smoothly and quickly as possible. Our clients love the problem solving approach and professionalism of our experienced team. Extensive experience over a vast range of pool projects means we can help you overcome any challenges.


Need your pool project delivered on time, safe and compliant?

Check out our tips and requirements for pool approvals. 


Pool builders, take control of your building approvals with our online portal and pre design search option.

BA&A's innovative technology allows you to

  • Submit an application (allowing us to invoice right away) 

  • Check on project status, whenever it suits you

  • Upload documents (certificates, photos) 

  • Download approval and final documents 

Our dedicated pool team exhibits at the Brisbane Pool Spa & Outdoor Living Expo annually. Come and visit or get in touch, we'd love to help!
Evans & Evans
Summer Daze
Wahoo Pool & Landscape Construction
J. & L. Pools Paving
Bellevista Concrete Pool
Raise My House
Narellan Gold Coast
Narellan Gold Coast
Show More

Documentation required to get started

  • Site plan with pool fencing  

  • Form 15 – Engineering 

  • Engineering plans 

  • QBCC insurance


"We really enjoy how easy Building Approvals and Advice are to work with, and we really appreciate their support of our company"

Terms you need to know


RFI: RFI stands for Request for Information, sometimes also called a list of requirements. This document outlines all items required by the certifier to issue an approval.


Build Over Sewer (BOS): an approval from Council is required if you want to build over or near a sewer line. When doing property searches, BA&A can determine if a BOS permit is required. 


Build Over Stormwater (BOSW): an approval from Council is required if you want to build over or near a stormwater infrastructure. When doing property searches, BA&A can determine if a BOSW permit is required.


Relaxation (or Siting Variation): a relaxation approval from Council may be required if you are building within the boundary setbacks of your property. There are different setback requirements for lots under 450m2 and lots over 450m2 


Town planning (DA): town planning may be required when the building work does not meet the requirements of the Local Authority planning scheme


Form 15: this is a certificate required before the building works can commence to certify that the design is compliant with the relevant regulations.


Form 16: this is a certificate required at the completion of building works to certify that the installation or inspection of a stage or aspect is compliant with the relevant regulations.


Form 17: this is the final certificate issued, specifically for pools, by the certifier to the owner and Council in order to finalise the building application.

Take the info with you

Homeowners, check out this QBCC ressource and the Brisbane City Council website to have a better understanding of the pool fencing and safety regulations, and to ensure your pool complies. 


In the industry?

Resources below to keep your clients informed of the pool certification process. 

  • Pool brochure 

  • 5 tips for a hassle free pool approval

  • Homeowners handouts

  • Building certification - terms to know

  • First 10 things your certifier checks


Or contact us for a printed version. 

Brochure Icons_Pools.png
Brochure Icons_Re-Roofing.png

© 2020 by Building Approvals & Advice