Approvals and pool fence safety - residential projects
1. Why does logging the owner’s contact details matter?
Builders provide the certifier owner’s details within 10 days of engaging – as per act changes around obligations for builders and certifiers. Check out HIA’s summary for builders here. Building Approvals and Advice have a quick online form to speed project engagement for pool builders, streamline communication and ensure mandatory requirements are met. Download info here.
2. What’s required when infrastructure/ services are on site?
You can save time and simplify your pool approval by knowing the requirements of QDC MP 1.4 apply – more in our Build over Asset (BOA) blog summary. If the pipe is less than the diameters indicated below, speak with your engineer to see if it may comply with QDC MP 1.4 1.4 - A1 (1)b
- if a sewer pipe diameter is no more than 225mm (and not a pressure pipeline)
- if a stormwater pipe diameter is not more than 375mm (and not a pressure pipeline)
Build over infrastructure - QDC MP 1.4 information update here
For infrastructure mapping (pipe sizes / locations etc)
QUU search tool on the website - BCC, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset
Unity Water - check here-most of MBRC and Sunshine Coast
Gold Coast infrastructure mapping - check here
3. What happens if the Pool Barrier Inspection is unsatisfactory?
Safe swimming pool barrier requirements are specified in QDC MP3.4.
If there are next steps for compliance identified at the inspection, a Form 61 is issued. There is a three month window to provide required documents/ evidence of rectification.
- Should longer be required, a new inspection can be booked.
- All rectification work needs to be carried
out prior to filling the pool with more than 300mm of water.
4. What are the temporary fence requirements?
Ensure a successful outcome to a temp fence inspection
- dedicated pool fencing in place
- create compliant gate for access
- arrange for temporary fence to be reinspected every three months.
The pool may be filled once the fence is approved (Form 16)
5. What’s required for pool backwash?
Owners in the Logan area are responsible for arranging an approval for a backwash connection when the pool uses a sand/ aggregate filter system.
Pools for new dwellings are exempt (included in the plumbing approval)
Arrange your stress free pool approvals
BA&A s dedicated pool team and experienced pool barrier certifiers are here to help – please get in touch to hear how we can help high volume builders.
For a free quote - send your pool build plans to firstname.lastname@example.org