Building Approvals & Advice has extensive experience across a broad range of residential certifications.


We can help with a stress free approval for:

  • new houses

  • renovations 

  • extensions

  • decks

  • carports

  • granny flats 

and more!

More than just certifiers, BA&A provides CPD events and workshops quarterly for industry professionals.

We collaborate with the Building Designers Association of Queensland (BDAQ), HIA, Timber Queensland and other industry associations to help support the builders, architects and designers in our community.

Stay in the know about industry updates and your legislative requirements - sign up to be first to hear about our complimentary education opportunities.  


Industry professionals love our pre-design search service to identify which codes are relevant for the block.

Need to take control of your building approvals? Enjoy live job tracking with our online portal:

  • Have pre design search insights at your fingertips 

  • Submit applications quickly  (allowing us to invoice right away) 

  • Check on project status  

  • Upload documents (certificates, photos) to speed your approvals

  • Download approval and final documents ready to provide to clients

For more information about joining the portal or our pre design search service, please contact our team.


"Great communication with the team. They are always willing to help when I have questions and get back to me in a timely manner"

Documentation required to get started
  • Architectural plans

  • Form 15 – Engineering 

  • Engineering plans 

  • QBCC insurance

  • Soil test* 

  • Energy report*  

  • QLeave* 

*These items are generally required for Residential building work. However, they may not be required on every project.

Terms you need to know


Relaxation (or Siting Variation): a relaxation approval from Council may be required if you are building within the boundary setbacks of your property. There are different setback requirements for lots under 450m2 and lots over 450m2 


Town planning (DA): Town planning may be required when the building work does not meet the requirements of the Local Authority planning scheme


Form 21: this is the final certificate issued by the certifier to the owner and Council in order to finalise the building application.

Take the info with you

Liasing with clients or meeting with designers, builders and engineers? 

Forward the residential brochure below to clarify the certification process. Contact us for a printed version to hand out at meetings. 

© 2020 by Building Approvals & Advice